Construction is underway to upgrade 12 level crossings on the Warrnambool Line.
We’re installing boom gates, bells, flashing lights and improved train detection technology at the crossings, located along the line from Hunts Road in Moriac to Station Road in Garvoc.
The level crossing upgrades at Hunts Road in Moriac, Waltons Road in Buckley, Buckley South Road in Buckley, Oswells Road in Boorcan, Coyles Road in Terang, Ayreys Reserve Road in Birregurra, Swan Marsh Stonyford Road in Swan Marsh, Deans Creek Road in Colac and Station Road in Garvoc have been completed, with work on the remaining three upgrades underway.
The 12 crossings being upgraded are at:
- Hunts Road, Moriac (completed)
- Waltons Road, Buckley (completed)
- Buckley South Road, Buckley (completed)
- Armytage Road, Winchelsea
- Ayreys Reserve Road, Birregurra (completed)
- Bourkes Road, Warncoort
- Deans Creek Road, Colac (completed)
- Station Road, Pirron Yallock
- Swan Marsh-Stonyford Road, Swan Marsh (completed)
- Oswells Road, Boorcan (completed)
- Coyles Road, Terang (completed)
- Station Road, Garvoc (completed).
Construction on the level crossing upgrades began in January 2020 and is targeted for completion in the coming months.
The upgraded crossings will make the Warrnambool Line safer for motorists, pedestrians and train passengers and is the latest step towards better train services for Victoria’s south-west