We are upgrading Donnybrook Station to cater for the community’s growing population and to improve safety, access and comfort.
The Donnybrook Station upgrade will include:
- 150 new car parking spaces
- new platform shelters
- two new bus bays with shelters within the station precinct
- improved pedestrian access
- improved security with CCTV and lighting on platforms and in the car park
- modifications to Springs Road to improve access for cars and buses
- an extension of the city-bound platform.
The upgrade will provide better station facilities for the community’s growing population, including improvements to access and amenity for passengers.
Adding 150 new car parking spaces will make it easier for passengers to park and ride, with modifications to Springs Road providing better access for cars and buses.
The extension of the city-bound platform to accommodate five-carriage loco-hauled trains and six-carriage VLocity trains will make it quicker for passengers to get on and off, reducing the amount of time trains need to stop at the station.
Construction is underway and is targeted for completion in early 2020.
Find out about current works.
Planning Scheme Amendment C229 – Donnybrook Station upgrade
An amendment to the City of Whittlesea planning scheme has been approved to facilitate the delivery of the Donnybrook Station upgrade.
You can view the Planning Scheme Amendment C229 and accompanying material here:
- Explanatory Report PDF, 458.6 KB
- Instruction Sheet PDF, 9.4 KB
- Schedule to Clause 45.01 PDF, 12.3 KB
- Schedule to Clause 45.12 PDF, 44.9 KB
- Schedule to Clause 72.03 PDF, 60.3 KB
- Schedule to Clause 72.04 PDF, 55.8 KB
- Map 1 PDF, 240.2 KB
- Map 2 PDF, 240.1 KB
- Incorporated Document PDF, 54.5 KB
The draft Planning Scheme Amendment was available for public comment from Wednesday 1 August to Sunday 26 August 2018.
It was approved and gazetted on 23 May 2019.