Proposed Planning Scheme Amendment GC135 –Shepparton Line Upgrade
An amendment to the Greater Shepparton, Strathbogie, Mitchell, Hume and Whittlesea planning schemes is proposed to facilitate the delivery of stage two of the Shepparton Line Upgrade.
The Planning Scheme Amendment will allow the use and development of land in these local government areas to enable project works.
Stage two of the $356 million Shepparton Line Upgrade will enable VLocity trains to run on the line for the first time, for more comfortable and reliable services.
The project includes:
- platform extensions at Mooroopna, Murchison East and Nagambie
- a crossing loop extension near Murchison East
- up to 59 level crossings upgrades between Donnybrook and Shepparton
- stabling to house VLocity trains
- a business case to establish what is needed to deliver nine return services a day between Shepparton and Melbourne.
You can view the draft Planning Scheme Amendment GC135 and accompanying material here:
- Draft Explanatory Report PDF, 199.9 KB
- Draft Incorporated Document PDF, 126.9 KB
- Draft Project Land Map Overlay PDF, 24.5 MB
Through June and July this year, RPV sought feedback on the draft Planning Scheme Amendment GC135. This consultation has now closed, and a summary of the feedback received will be made available later this year.
RPV have lodged a request with Minister for Planning to consider preparing, approving and adopting a planning scheme amendment to facilitate the project under section 20(4) of the Planning and Environment Act 1987.