Proposed Planning Scheme Amendment GC135 – Shepparton Line Upgrade
An amendment to the Greater Shepparton, Strathbogie, Mitchell, Hume and Whittlesea planning schemes is proposed to facilitate the delivery of Stage 2 of the Shepparton Line Upgrade.
The Planning Scheme Amendment will allow the use and development of land in these local government areas to enable project works.
Stage 2 of the $356 million Shepparton Line Upgrade will enable VLocity trains to run on the line for the first time, for more comfortable and reliable services.
The project includes:
- platform extensions at Mooroopna, Murchison East and Nagambie
- a crossing loop extension near Murchison East
- up to 59 level crossings upgrades between Donnybrook and Shepparton
- stabling to house VLocity trains
- a business case to establish what is needed to deliver nine return services a day between Shepparton and Melbourne.
You can view the draft Planning Scheme Amendment GC135 and accompanying material here:
- Draft Explanatory Report PDF, 199.9 KB
- Draft Incorporated Document PDF, 126.9 KB
- Draft Project Land Map Overlay PDF, 24.5 MB
Through June and July 2019, RPV sought feedback on the draft Planning Scheme Amendment GC135. This consultation has now closed, and a summary of the feedback received will be made available later this year.
RPV have lodged a request with Minister for Planning to consider preparing, approving and adopting a planning scheme amendment to facilitate the project under section 20(4) of the Planning and Environment Act 1987.