Posted: 24 Dec 2020
Local road users are reminded to plan ahead when the final phase of works on the Ballarat Line Upgrade begins on Monday 28 December.
Temporary road closures will be in place at a number of level crossings along the line, to allow for track works to be completed.
The works will include duplicating track through the level crossings and resurfacing the roads in preparation for 125 new weekly service to be added to the Ballarat Line at the end of January.
Detour routes and traffic management will be in place, with road users asked to allow extra travel time while these works are completed.
The below roads will be closed during the works:
- Geelong-Ballan Road, Ballan (Monday 28 December – Friday 1 January)
- Parwan Road, Bacchus Marsh (Monday 28 December – Tuesday 29 December)
- Torpys Road, Bungaree (Monday 28 December – Tuesday 29 December).
- Kerrs Road, Maddingley (Wednesday 30 December – Saturday 2 January)
- Old Geelong Road, Ballan (Friday 1 January – Monday 4 January)
- Fisken Street, Bacchus Marsh (Saturday 2 January – Monday 4 January).
We will also be decommissioning the Bungaree passing loop as part of the upcoming works, with five level crossings in Bungaree, Wallace and Millbrook to be removed.
Works will include the removal of track, signage and infrastructure such as boom gates and lights at these crossing sites, providing a huge safety boost for road users in these areas.
Detours will be in place while level crossing removal works take place:
- Bungaree-Wallace Road (east), Bungaree (Thursday 7 January – Monday 11 January)
- Bungaree-Wallace Road (west), Wallace (Thursday 7 January – Monday 11 January)
- Lesters Road, Bungaree (Monday 11 January – Sunday 17 January)
- Westcotts Road, Wallace (Monday 11 January – Sunday 17 January)
- Old Melbourne Road, Millbrook (Wednesday 20 January – Wednesday 27 January).
The final phase of the Ballarat Line Upgrade will be completed during a five-week disruption from Monday 28 December 2020 to Saturday 30 January 2021, with crews to carry out commissioning, critical safety testing and driver training to integrate the new infrastructure with the existing network before the full benefits of the Ballarat Line Upgrade can be introduced.
Find out more information about the project and traffic detour routes.
More project news