Posted: 01 Dec 2020
A new timetable will deliver 125 new services – including 45 new peak services – to the Ballarat Line in early 2021, at the completion of the final phase of works on the Ballarat Line Upgrade.
A network-wide timetable change will provide a major boost to frequency and reliability for the growing communities along the line, with services every 20 minutes during the peak, and every 40 minutes in between the peaks.
The new services will be introduced on Sunday 31 January, at the completion of a five-week disruption for the commissioning, critical safety testing and driving training for the Ballarat Line Upgrade.
Key additions to the new timetable include:
- the new Cobblebank Station and upgraded Rockbank Station will each have more than 200 extra services stopping at these locations each week, along with Deer Park Station
- Melton passengers will see an extra 140 services stopping at the station each week, and Caroline Springs 125 new services
- Wendouree passengers can look forward to an extra 110 new services each week, while Ballan Station will see an extra 100 services available for passengers
- Bacchus Marsh passengers will have a wide selection of services to choose from, with all trains from Ballarat to stop at the station, which will provide more express services between Bacchus Marsh and Southern Cross Station
- 15 short services will be added between Melton and Bacchus Marsh, making it easier to travel between the two areas
- a fifth weekday service to Ararat will also be added, following upgrades to the train stabling facilities.
Full details of the new timetable will be available in the new year, to give passengers time to explore the new services and time changes that affect them.
The Ballarat Line Upgrade has delivered critical infrastructure including track duplication, passing loops, signalling upgrades, new platforms and extra track at key stations, and a train stabling facility to allow these new services to be introduced.
Passengers are reminded that coaches will replace trains on sections of the Ballarat, Ararat and Maryborough lines from Monday 28 December 2020 to Saturday 30 January 2021, with more details available at vline.com.au or by calling 1800 800 007.
More project news