Proposed Planning Scheme Amendment GC124 – Gippsland Line Upgrade
An amendment to the Latrobe, Baw Baw and Cardinia planning schemes is proposed to facilitate the delivery of the Gippsland Line Upgrade.
The Planning Scheme Amendment will allow the use and development of land in these local government areas to enable project works.
The Gippsland Line Upgrade will lead to improved train services with:
- second platforms and station amenity works at Bunyip, Longwarry, Morwell and Traralgon stations;
- track duplication between Bunyip and Longwarry;
- extension of Morwell crossing loop;
- level crossing upgrades between Pakenham and Traralgon;
- signalling upgrades; and
- drainage structure upgrades
These works will enable much needed extra off-peak services with track duplication, a crossing loop extension and second platforms at stations providing more opportunities for trains to pass each other helping to improve service reliability.
You can view the draft Planning Scheme Amendment GC124 and accompanying material here:
- Draft Explanatory Report PDF, 254.5 KB
- Draft Incorporated Document PDF, 110.6 KB
- Draft Schedule to Clause 45.12 Baw Baw PDF, 26.1 KB
- Draft Schedule to Clause 45.12 Cardinia PDF, 27.1 KB
- Draft Schedule to Clause 45.12 Latrobe PDF, 26.1 KB
- Draft Schedule to Clause 72.04 Baw Baw PDF, 19.8 KB
- Draft Schedule to Clause 72.04 Cardinia PDF, 49.8 KB
- Draft Schedule to Clause 72.04 Latrobe PDF, 31.3 KB
- Draft Specific Controls Overlay PDF, 7.2 MB
Through May and June 2019, RPV sought feedback on the draft Planning Scheme Amendment GC124. This consultation has now closed, and a summary of the feedback received will be made available later this year.
RPV have lodged a request with Minister for Planning to consider preparing, approving and adopting a planning scheme amendment to facilitate the project under section 20(4) of the Planning and Environment Act 1987.
Planning scheme amendments approved under section 20(4) are exempt from the notice and exhibition requirements of sections 17, 18 and 19 of the Act, meaning there would be no further opportunity to make a submission or be heard by an independent panel in relation to the amendment.