Drainage structure upgrades
Construction is starting on drainage structure upgrades to improve resilience on the Gippsland Line and enable more reliable services for passengers.
Coaches will replace trains between Bairnsdale and Southern Cross Station from Thursday 2 January to Thursday 30 January for works on the Avon River Bridge and Metro Tunnel Project.
During this time, we’ll carry out works to upgrade drainage structures as part of the Gippsland Line Upgrade and track maintenance along the line will also take place. Thanks for your patience while this important work is underway.
What we are doing
Thursday 2 January to Saturday 25 January 2020
We are upgrading drainage structures under the rail line at 12 locations between Morwell and Bairnsdale, which will include either:
- Lining culverts with concrete to reinforce the structure, or
- Replacing culverts with a pre-cast structure.
What to be aware of
- Vehicles, machinery and workers near level crossings, on local roads and within the rail corridor at each location shown on the map
- Increased noise during the day
- Site deliveries and staff movements around site construction zones.
Drainage structure upgrades will occur at the following locations
Plan your journey
For more information about V/Line coach replacement services while trains are not running between Thursday 2 January to Thursday 30 January 2020, contact the Public Transport Victoria call centre: 1800 800 007 (6am to midnight daily – all night Friday and Saturday) or visit vline.com.au