Waurn Ponds Station Upgrade
We are upgrading Waurn Ponds Station as part of the Geelong Line Upgrade.
A new platform and extra track at Waurn Ponds Station will create enough space for trains to pass each other, allowing more Geelong services to be extended to and from Waurn Ponds and helping to improve service reliability.
Station users will have more than 90 new car parking spaces and an accessible overpass between platforms. The Waurn Ponds Station upgrade includes;
- A second platform on the south side of the station with shelters and seating.
- A new pedestrian overpass to provide access between the two platforms featuring lifts, ramps and stairs.
- New secure bicycle storage and bicycle hoops.
- Car park improvements including:
- more than 90 new car parking spaces
- formalising 120 existing unsealed car parking spaces
- more accessible car parking spaces
- new drop-off zone
- new access points at both ends of the station car park.
- Additional CCTV, lighting, myki machines and passenger information displays.
- Track duplication to enable trains to pass each other.
The Victorian Government has spoken with Waurn Ponds passengers as part of consultation for the business case for the future track duplication between South Geelong and Waurn Ponds, and the station design incorporates much of this feedback, including more car parking and shelter, and better passenger facilities.
View the conversation summary here: https://getinvolved.transport.vic.gov.au/30045/documents/100610
Have Your Say
Throughout March 2019, we sought community feedback on the concept designs for the Waurn Ponds Station upgrade.
This feedback has been considered and incorporated into the final designs for the station.
You can still provide feedback to the project team via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail:
Geelong Line Upgrade Project Team
Rail Projects Victoria
PO Box 4509 Melbourne VIC 3000