Waurn Ponds Station Upgrade
We are upgrading Waurn Ponds Station as part of Stage 1 of the Geelong Line Upgrade.
A new platform and extra track at Waurn Ponds Station will create enough space for trains to pass each other, allowing more Geelong services to be extended to and from Waurn Ponds and helping to improve service reliability.
Station users will have new and improved car parking and an accessible overpass between platforms. The Waurn Ponds Station upgrade includes:
- a second platform on the south side of the station with shelters and seating
- a new accessible pedestrian overpass to provide access between the two platforms featuring lifts, ramps and stairs
- secure bicycle storage and bicycle hoops
- car park improvements featuring:
- more than 90 new car parking spaces
- formalising 120 existing unsealed car parking spaces
- more accessible car parking
- new drop-off zone
- access at both ends of the car park
- additional CCTV, lighting, myki machines and passenger information displays
- track duplication to enable trains to pass each other.
The Victorian Government has spoken with Waurn Ponds passengers as part of consultation for the business case for the future track duplication between South Geelong and Waurn Ponds, and the station design incorporates much of this feedback, including more car parking and shelter, and better passenger facilities.
View the conversation summary here: https://getinvolved.transport.vic.gov.au/30045/documents/100610
Have Your Say
In early 2019 we spoke to the local community about concept designs for the Waurn Ponds Station upgrade.
We had a great response, receiving 83 detailed survey responses and having conversations with community members at Waurn Ponds Shopping Centre and Waurn Ponds Station.
The community also gave us feedback on the proposed additional track and new platform, additional CCTV and lighting, and car park improvements at Waurn Ponds Station.
The responses provided are being considered in the planning and design of the Waurn Ponds Station upgrade.
What are the next steps?
The contract to deliver the Waurn Ponds Station upgrade has been appointed to Downer EDI Works.
Construction on the station upgrade is due to get underway in mid-2020 and is targeted for completion in late 2021.