Waurn Ponds Station Upgrade
We are upgrading Waurn Ponds Station as part of the Geelong Line Upgrade.
A new platform and extra track at Waurn Ponds Station will create enough space for trains to pass each other, allowing more Geelong services to be extended to and from Waurn Ponds and helping to improve service reliability.
Station users will have more than 90 new car parking spaces and an accessible overpass between platforms. The Waurn Ponds Station upgrade includes;
- A second platform on the south side of the station with shelters and seating.
- A new pedestrian overpass to provide access between the two platforms featuring lifts, ramps and stairs.
- New secure bicycle storage and bicycle hoops.
- Car park improvements including:
- more than 90 new car parking spaces
- formalising 120 existing unsealed car parking spaces
- more accessible car parking spaces
- new drop-off zone
- new access points at both ends of the station car park.
- Additional CCTV, lighting, myki machines and passenger information displays.
- Track duplication to enable trains to pass each other.
The Victorian Government has spoken with Waurn Ponds passengers as part of consultation for the business case for the future track duplication between South Geelong and Waurn Ponds, and the station design incorporates much of this feedback, including more car parking and shelter, and better passenger facilities.
Have Your Say
We’re seeking feedback from the community on the Waurn Ponds Station upgrade to finalise designs.
Meet our project team and have your say about the Waurn Ponds Station upgrade:
- Monday 25 March, 6.30am to 10am at Waurn Ponds Station
- Thursday 28 March, 4.30pm to 8pm at Waurn Ponds Station
- Saturday 30 March, 10am to 2pm at Waurn Ponds Shopping Centre
You can also provide your feedback by completing an online survey by 5pm, Sunday 7 April 2019. The survey takes 10-15 minutes to complete.
Or send your feedback via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail:
Geelong Line Upgrade Project Team
Rail Projects Victoria
PO Box 4509 Melbourne VIC 3000