We are upgrading Wallan Station to cater for the community’s growing population and to improve safety, access and comfort.
The Wallan Station upgrade will include:
- extension of the waiting room
- new toilets in the waiting room
- new platform shelters
- two new bus bays with shelters
- improved security with CCTV and lighting on platforms and in the car park
- additional bicycle parking
- an extension of the city-bound platform.
The extension of the waiting room, new toilets and new platform shelters will improve comfort and amenity for passengers, with new CCTV and lighting on platforms and in the car park to boost security.
The extension of the city-bound platform to accommodate five-carriage loco-hauled trains and six-carriage VLocity trains will make it quicker for passengers to get on and off, reducing the amount of time trains need to stop at the station.
Construction is underway and is targeted for completion in 2020.
The new bus interchange and reconfigured car park is now complete and open to station users.
Construction of the new waiting room will get underway soon.
Find out about current works.