Construction is continuing on upgrades to Donnybrook Station to cater for the community’s growing population and to improve safety, access and comfort for passengers.
What is included?
The Donnybrook Station upgrade includes:
- 150 new car parking spaces
- new platform shelters
- two new bus bays with shelters within the station precinct
- improved pedestrian access
- improved security with CCTV and lighting on platforms and in the car park
- an extension of the city-bound platform.
What are the benefits?
Passengers are already enjoying the benefits of our upgrades to Donnybrook Station.
The extension to the city-bound platform has made it quicker for passengers to get on and off the train, reducing the amount of time trains need to stop at the station and providing a more reliable journey for passengers.
Adding 150 new car parking spaces will make it easier for passengers to park and catch the train.
Construction on the new car park is continuing.
Passengers are already using part of the new car park while we undertake construction in the existing car park.
Click here to find out about current works.
What are the next steps?
More than 45,000 hours have been worked on the Donnybrook and Wallan station upgrades since construction began in May 2019.
Work on the remaining upgrades, including an upgrade to the city-bound waiting room at Wallan Station, are underway and on track for completion in the coming months.
Who is responsible?
The Donnybrook and Wallan station upgrades are being delivered by Rail Projects Victoria (RPV), on behalf of the Victorian Government.
The construction contractor for the project is Coleman Rail.
Planning Scheme Amendment C229 – Donnybrook Station upgrade
An amendment to the City of Whittlesea planning scheme has been approved to facilitate the delivery of the Donnybrook Station upgrade.
You can view the Planning Scheme Amendment C229 and accompanying material here:
- Explanatory Report PDF, 458.6 KB
- Instruction Sheet PDF, 9.4 KB
- Schedule to Clause 45.01 PDF, 12.3 KB
- Schedule to Clause 45.12 PDF, 44.9 KB
- Schedule to Clause 72.03 PDF, 60.3 KB
- Schedule to Clause 72.04 PDF, 55.8 KB
- Map 1 PDF, 240.2 KB
- Map 2 PDF, 240.1 KB
- Incorporated Document PDF, 54.5 KB
The draft Planning Scheme Amendment was available for public comment from Wednesday 1 August to Sunday 26 August 2018.
It was approved and gazetted on 23 May 2019.