Construction is continuing on upgrades at Wallan Station to cater for the community’s growing population and improve safety, access and comfort for passengers.
We’re upgrading the city-bound waiting room at Wallan Station, adding an extended waiting area, new toilets and a new customer service area. Thanks for your patience while this important work is underway.
The city-bound waiting room will be closed to passengers until May while we undertake construction within the building.
The waiting room on the Seymour-bound platform, as well as the new shelters on the extended platform will be available for passengers to use during this time.
The following works will take place in and around the waiting room:
- Plumbing works for the external drainage system and new toilets
- Construction of the new structure, including columns and a steel canopy
- Painting and internal fit-out of the new customer service and waiting areas.
What to be aware of
- Machinery and workers in and near the waiting room on the city-bound platform.
- Dust generation, which will be limited where possible and contained using partitions within the waiting room.
- Increased noise and vibration.
Access to the station and both platforms will be maintained at all times.
Work will be staged to allow part of the waiting room to re-open to passengers as soon as possible.
Where possible, we will minimise disruption to residents and station users in the following ways:
- Scheduling noisy works during off-peak times
- Using noise-reduced equipment.
We will notify the community if there are any significant changes to the program.
Health and safety
The health and safety of our workers and the community is our key priority as we continue to deliver the Donnybrook and Wallan station upgrades, as is supporting physical distancing measures in line with current health advice.
We have strict protocols in place to protect the safety of our construction workforce, including enhanced industrial cleaning arrangements, provision of personal protective equipment and measures to reduce staff contact, including staggered shifts.
For more information and advice about coronavirus (COVID-19) please visit coronavirus.vic.gov.au.