We’re building a new car park at Donnybrook Station to make it easier for passengers to park when catching the train.
The new car park will feature 150 additional spaces including accessible parking, landscaping, and CCTV and lighting for increased security.
Thank you for your patience while this important work is underway.
The new car park at Donnybrook Station is being opened in two stages.
A section of the new car park was opened to station users on 6 March 2020 to enable construction to begin in the existing car park.
The following works are taking place in the existing car park and new car park:
- Temporary signage and fencing to direct station users
- Earthworks in the existing car park
- Construction of kerbing in the new car park
- Installing CCTV and lighting.
Construction of the remaining section of new car park, as well as the upgraded existing car park, will be complete in the coming months.
What to be aware of
- Vehicles, machinery and workers in and around the new and existing car parks
- Dust generation. Where necessary, water carts will be used
- Increase noise and lighting around the station precinct
- Vibration may be felt during excavation works
- Site deliveries and staff movements around the station precinct and construction zone.
Temporary fencing and signage has been installed to direct traffic.
Occasional traffic management may be required to allow large vehicles to safely access the site.
Works have been staged to ensure no loss of parking for station users.
Access to the station and both platforms will be maintained at all times.
There will be some noise from construction-related activities including minor excavation and vehicle movements.
Access to private properties and businesses will be maintained at all times. No impacts to existing services or properties are expected from our works.
Where possible, we will minimise disruption to residents and station users in the following ways:
- scheduling noisy works during off-peak times
- using noise-reduced equipment.
We will notify residents and businesses in advance if there are any impacts expected from works.
For your safety, please take care around work areas and follow any signage in place.