Wendouree Station works
Throughout August, we’ll continue works at Wendouree Station to build the new platform, second rail track and new pedestrian overpass.
What we are doing
Monday to Saturday 7am – 6pm throughout August
The following works will take place in the rail corridor and station precinct including:
- Installing the new pedestrian overpass and constructing stairs, ramps and lifts
- Construction activities such as excavation, backfilling and concrete works in the rail corridor and station precinct
- Tree removal from the rail corridor at the western end of the station
- Drainage and service works across the station precinct
- Deliveries of materials on both the north and south side of the station precinct and within the rail corridor adjacent
to Forest Street.
Out-of-hours works and deliveries
Pedestrian overpass installation
The new pedestrian overpass will be lifted into place during the evening of Thursday 8 August. These works will occur after the last train service, and before the first train service on Friday 9 August.
There will be an increase in noise and light for these works, which will include a crane lift.
The activity is weather dependant, with contingency for the works to occur in the following two nights.
On Friday 16 August, after the last service and before the first service on Saturday 17 August, the overpass deck slab will be poured.
These works are also weather dependant, with contingency for the following evening.
If there are any significant changes to the schedule of these works, directly impacted residents will be informed.
What to be aware of
- Site deliveries and staff movements around the station precinct and site construction zones
- Machinery and workers in car park areas, near level crossings, on local roads and within the rail corridor
- Dust generation. Where necessary, water carts will be used for dust suppression
- Increased noise around the station precinct and rail corridor
- Vibration may be felt during car park construction works due to machinery.
No impacts to existing services to your property are expected from our project works.
Changed traffic conditions and reduced speed limits
Traffic management will be in place for the safety of workers and the public within the station precinct and at the following level crossings and roads:
- Wendouree Station car park
- Learmonth Road
- Gillies Street
- Gregory Street West
- Forest Street.