Wendouree Station works
Coaches are replacing trains between Ararat, Beaufort, Wendouree and Ballarat for the entire journey from Saturday 7 December until Friday 13 December.
What we are doing
Gillies Street level crossing temporary closure - 12.01am Saturday 7 December to 11.59pm Monday 9 December.
The Gillies Street level crossing will be temporarily closed for the following works, day and night:
- Realigning the rail line across the level crossing
- Laying new track from the level crossing to Wendouree Station
- Rebuilding and asphalting the road approaches to the level crossing
- New line markings.
Detour routes and traffic management will be in place:
- Northbound: Gregory Street to Forest Street
- Southbound: Howitt Street to Forest Street
- Pedestrian and cyclist access: via Forest Street.
During this time, we encourage motorists to plan ahead by allowing extra travel time and considering alternative routes.
Access to businesses and homes will be maintained on either side of the level crossing.
Wendouree Station upgrade works - 12.01 Saturday 7 December to 11.59pm Friday 13 December
The following works will take place day and night while trains are not running at Wendouree:
- Earthworks to build the second new rail track from Gillies Street to the station
- Laying new rail track including ballast and sleepers
- Welding new rail and tampering the rail track
- Drainage and service works in the rail corridor from Forest Street to the station
- Completion of station upgrade.
What to be aware of
- Site deliveries and staff movements around the station precinct and site construction zones including Gregory Street West
- Machinery and workers in car park areas, near level crossings, on local roads and within the rail corridor
- Dust generation. Where necessary, waters carts will be used
- Increased noise and lighting around the station precinct and rail corridor
- Vibration may be felt during these works.
Where possible, we will minimise disruption to residents and businesses in the following ways:
- Using broadband reversing alarms on mobile machinery that are quieter than reversing ‘beepers’
- Using noise-reduced equipment
- Directing lighting away from residents where possible.
We will notify residents and businesses if there are any significant changes to the program.
Plan your journey
For more information about V/Line coach replacement services while trains are not running between Saturday 7 December and Friday 13 December, contact the Public Transport Victoria call centre: 1800 800 007 (6am to midnight daily – all night Friday and Saturday) or visit vline.com.au