Wendouree Station works
Throughout June, works at Wendouree Station will continue in preparation for the new platform, second rail track and new pedestrian overpass.
What we are doing
Monday to Saturday 7am – 6pm throughout June
The following work will take place in the rail corridor and station precinct:
- Piling works on the north side of the rail track to support foundations for the new platform and pedestrian overpass
- Relocating CCTV and lighting
- Tree removal from the rail corridor at the western end of the station
- Construction activities such as excavation, backfilling and concrete works.
Out-of-hours works and deliveries
Ballarat line closures
24-hour works - 12:01am Monday 24 June – 11.59pm Sunday 7 July
Coaches will replace trains between Wendouree, Ballarat and Southern Cross stations so that we can safely work within the rail corridor.
The majority of works at Wendouree Station during this period will be undertaken during normal working hours.
For disruptive works, directly impacted residents and businesses will be notified in advance.
Car park changes
A construction zone has been established on the north side of the station, with changes to car parking near the pedestrian zebra crossing (see map above).
Station users are asked to follow way-finding signage.
Pedestrian and vehicle access to the station will be maintained at all times.
What to be aware of
- Site deliveries and staff movements around the station precinct and site construction zones
- Vehicles, machinery and workers on local roads, near the level crossing and within the rail corridor
- Increased noise around the station precinct as works progress
- Dust generation. Where necessary, water carts will be used for dust suppression
- No impacts to existing services to your property are expected from our project works.
Changed traffic conditions and reduced speed limits
Traffic management will be in place for the safety of workers and the public within the station precinct and at the following level crossings and roads:
- Gillies Street
- Gregory Street West
- Learmonth Road.
Where possible we will minimise disruption to residents in the following ways:
- Scheduling noisy works during normal working hours where possible
- Using broadband reversing alarms on mobile machinery that are quieter than reversing ‘beepers’
- Using noise-reduced equipment.
We will notify residents and businesses if there are any significant changes to the program.
All planned works are dependent on suitable weather and ground conditions.
Plan your journey
Coaches will replace trains on the Ballarat line from Monday 24 June until Sunday 7 July. Trains will resume from the first service on Monday 8 July 2019.
For more information about V/Line coach replacement services, please contact Public Transport Victoria: 1800 800 007 (6am to midnight daily – all night Friday and Saturday) or visit vline.com.au.