Wendouree Station works
Throughout October, we’ll continue construction on the new pedestrian overpass, ramps, stairs and lifts and prepare to install the second rail track from Gillies Street.
WHAT WE ARE DOING
Monday to Saturday 7am – 6pm throughout October
The following works will take place in the rail corridor and station precinct:
- Continued construction activities on the new overpass, stairs, ramps, lifts and second platform
- Excavation, backfilling and concrete works
- Drainage and service works across the station precinct and at the Gillies Street level crossing
- Stockpiling of materials on both the north and south side of the station precinct and within the rail corridor to Forest Street.
Continued night works
Thursday 10 October until Friday 25 October:
- A small team will work continued night shift at the station during the above period to install critical station conduits around the new infrastructure
- This will involve a small excavator
- Site lighting will be concentrated to the works area.
Gillies Street night works
To prepare for the second rail track between Gillies Street and Wendouree Station, works will be increasing at the level crossing.
Between Monday 14 October and Friday 25 October 2019, Gillies Street will be reduced to contra flow traffic management between 7pm and 7am. Please allow extra travel time.
During this period, a trench will be dug across Gillies Street to allow for service works at the level crossing. You may experience an increase in lighting and construction noise.
Some works may be undertaken at night when trains aren’t running for the safety of our workers and to minimise disruption to train services.
There may be other out of hours works and deliveries, including on Sundays.
For disruptive works, directly impacted residents and businesses will be notified in advance.
WHAT TO BE AWARE OF
- Site deliveries and staff movements around the station precinct and site construction zones
- Machinery and workers in car park areas, near level crossings, on local roads and within the rail corridor
- Dust generation. Where necessary, water carts will be used for dust suppression
- Increased noise around the station precinct and rail corridor
- Vibration may be felt during construction works due to machinery.
No impacts to existing services to your property are expected from our project works.
Deliveries within station car park
Station users are asked to take extra care in the car park with heavy vehicles and machinery operating.
Please follow traffic management directions.
Changed traffic conditions and reduced speed limits
In addition to the works at Gillies Street and in the station car park, traffic management may be in place at times for the safety of workers and the public at the following locations:
- Learmonth Road
- Gregory Street West
- Forest Street.
Where possible we will minimise disruption to residents in the following ways:
- Scheduling noisy works during normal working hours where possible
- Using broadband reversing alarms on mobile machinery that are quieter than reversing ‘beepers’
- Using noise-reduced equipment.
We will notify residents and businesses if there are any significant changes to the program.
All planned works are dependent on suitable weather and ground conditions.
PLAN YOUR JOURNEY
Throughout October, there are times when coaches will replace trains on parts of the Ballarat line.
For more information about V/Line services, please contact: 1800 800 007 (6am to midnight daily – all night Friday and Saturday) or visit vline.com.au
Thank you for your patience as we undertaken these critical works on the Ballarat line.