Millbrook passing loop works
Throughout June, we’ll continue work to complete on the Millbrook passing loop. This will include installation of underground cabling and above ground signalling equipment.
What we are doing
Monday to Saturday 7am – 6pm throughout June
The following work will take place in the rail corridor (see map above):
- Underground cabling installation
- Earthworks for access tracks and drainage installation.
Out-of-hours works and deliveries
Ballarat Line closure
24-hour works - 12:01am Monday 24 June - 11.59pm Sunday 7 July
Coaches will replace trains between Wendouree, Ballarat and Southern Cross stations so that we can safely work within the rail corridor.
During this time the following work will take place:
- Installation of guard rail under the Spreadeagle and Peerewerrh Road overpasses
- Cutting and welding of rail
- Foundations for signal gantries
- Drainage works
- Installation of underground cabling.
What to be aware of
- Site deliveries and staff movements around the construction zones
- Vehicles, machinery and workers on local roads and within the rail corridor
- Increased noise around the rail corridor
No impacts to existing services to your property are expected from our project works.
For the safety of workers and the general public, some traffic management may be in place at times along Peerewerrh Road and Spreadeagle Road.
Where possible we will minimise disruption to residents in the following ways:
- Using broadband reversing alarms on mobile machinery that are quieter than reversing ‘beepers’
- Using noise-reduced equipment
- Scheduling noisy works during normal working hours where possible.
We will notify residents and businesses if there are any significant changes to the program.
All planned works are dependent on suitable weather and ground conditions.
Plan your journey
Coaches will replace trains on the Ballarat line from Monday 24 June until Sunday 7 July. Trains will resume from the first service on Monday 8 July 2019.
For more information about V/Line coach replacement services, please contact Public Transport Victoria: 1800 800 007 (6am to midnight daily – all night Friday and Saturday) or visit vline.com.au.