Millbrook passing loop works
Coaches will replace trains on the Ballarat Line from Saturday 9 November until Sunday 1 December. Trains will resume from the first service on Monday 2 December 2019.
During this time we’ll carry out major works along the entire Ballarat Line, including track duplication, station upgrades and critical safety testing. Thanks for your patience while this important work is underway.
What we are doing
We will be undertaking the following works near the Millbrook passing loop:
- Installing rail signalling gantries
- Installing underground cabling
- Earthworks and drainage for access vehicle tracks.
We are also working with Moorabool Shire Council on road reinstatement works on Peerewerrh Road, Spreadeagle Road and Old Melbourne Road.
What to be aware of
- Vehicles, machinery and workers near level crossings, on local roads and within the rail corridor
- Dust generation. Where necessary, water carts will be used
- Increased noise, day and night vibrations may be felt during works
- Cutting and welding of rail track, day and night
- Test trains operating along the line
- Site deliveries and staff movements
- Test trains operating along the line.
For the safety of workers and the public, traffic management may be in place at times along Peerewerrh Road, Spreadeagle Road and Old Melbourne Road.
Please be aware of reduced speed limits and changed traffic conditions.
Where possible we will minimise disruption to residents in the following ways:
- Using broadband reversing alarms on mobile machinery that are quieter than reversing ‘beepers’
- Using noise reducing equipment
- Directing lighting away from residences
- Using machinery on lower vibration settings near residential property.
All planned works are dependent on suitable weather and ground conditions.
Plan your journey
For more information about V/Line coach replacement services while trains are not running between Saturday 9 November and Sunday 1 December, contact the Public Transport Victoria call centre: 1800 800 007 (6am to midnight daily – all night Friday and Saturday) or visit vline.com.au
The start of the passing loop at Millbrook.