Millbrook passing loop works
Throughout August, we’ll continue work to complete the Millbrook passing loop.
What we are doing
Monday to Saturday 7am – 6pm throughout August
We will be undertaking the following works in the rail corridor:
- Preparation for rail signalling gantries to be installed
- Underground cabling installation
- Earthworks for access tracks and drainage installation.
WHAT TO BE AWARE OF
- Site deliveries and staff movements around the construction zones
- Vehicles, machinery and workers on local roads and within the rail corridor
- Increased noise around the rail corridor.
No impacts to existing services to your property are expected from our project works.
For the safety of workers and the general public, some traffic management may be in place at times along Peerewerrh Road and Spreadeagle Road.
Where possible we will minimise disruption to residents in the following ways:
- Using broadband reversing alarms on mobile machinery that are quieter than reversing ‘beepers’
- Using noise-reduced equipment
- Scheduling noisy works during normal working hours where possible.
We will notify residents and businesses if there are any significant changes to the program.
All planned works are dependent on suitable weather and ground conditions.
OUT-OF-HOURS WORKS AND DELIVERIES
Some works within the rail corridor may be undertaken at night when trains aren’t running for the safety of our workers and to minimise the disruption to commuters.
For disruptive works, directly impacted residents will be notified in advance.