Millbrook passing loop works
Throughout October, work will continue to complete the Millbrook passing loop and reinstate local roads.
WHAT WE ARE DOING
Monday to Saturday 7am – 6pm throughout October
We will be undertaking the following works in the rail corridor:
- Preparation for rail signalling gantries to be installed
- Underground cabling installation
- Earthworks and drainage for access vehicle tracks.
We are also working with Moorabool Shire Council on road reinstatement works.
WHAT TO BE AWARE OF
- Site deliveries and staff movements around the construction zones
- Vehicles, machinery and workers on local roads and within the rail corridor.
No impacts to existing services to your property are expected from our project works.
For the safety of workers and the public, traffic management may be in place at times along Peerewerrh Road, Spreadeagle Road and Old Melbourne Road.
Please be aware of reduced speed limits and changed traffic conditions.
Where possible we will minimise disruption to residents in the following ways:
- Using broadband reversing alarms on mobile machinery that are quieter than reversing ‘beepers’
- Using noise-reduced equipment
- Scheduling noisy works during normal working hours where possible.
We will notify residents and businesses if there are any significant changes to the program.
All planned works are dependent on suitable weather and ground conditions.
OUT-OF-HOURS WORKS AND DELIVERIES
Some works within the rail corridor may be undertaken at night when trains aren’t running for the safety of our workers and to minimise disruption to commuters.
For disruptive works, directly impacted residents will be notified.
PLAN YOUR JOURNEY
Throughout October, there are times when coaches will replace trains on parts of the Ballarat line.
For more information about V/Line services, please contact: 1800 800 007 (6am to midnight daily – all Friday and Saturday) or visit vline.com.au
The start of the passing loop at Millbrook.