Millbrook passing loop works
During the continuous work period in late March, the majority of the new track for passing loop track was completed.
Throughout April, we will continue working on the new passing loop, including access tracks and signalling works.
What we are doing
Monday to Saturday 7am – 6pm throughout April
During normal working hours, we will be undertaking the following works in the rail corridor including:
- Underground cabling installation along the north side of track
- Earthworks and drainage installation at various locations along the corridor
- Commencement of demobilisation of the site compound on Spreadeagle Road, including reinstatement of roads and work areas.
Ou-of-hours works and deliveries
Some work activities and deliveries may be undertaken out of hours at work sites.
For disruptive works, directly impacted residents and businesses will be notified in advance.
What to be aware of
- Site deliveries and staff movements around the construction zones
- Vehicles, machinery and workers near level crossings, on local roads and within the rail corridor
- Dust generation. Where necessary, water carts will be used for dust suppression
- Increased noise around the rail corridor and site compound
- No impacts to existing services to your property are expected from our project works.
Where possible we will minimise disruption to residents in the following ways:
- Using broadband reversing alarms on mobile machinery that are quieter than reversing ‘beepers’
- Using noise-reduced equipment
- Scheduling noisy works during normal working hours where possible.
We will notify residents and businesses if there are any significant changes to the program.
All planned works are dependent on suitable weather and ground conditions.