Caroline Springs to Melton
In late March we undertook significant works on the stations at Rockbank and Cobblebank including installation of the pedestrian overpasses.
Throughout April, works will continue to construct the new Cobblebank Station and re-build Rockbank Station and the new duplicated tracks between Caroline Springs Station and Melton.
What we are doing
Monday to Saturday 7 am – 6 pm throughout April
During normal working hours, we will be undertaking the following works in the rail corridor and station areas including:
- Construction works at Rockbank Station including new station car park
- Construction works at Cobblebank Station including the new platforms
- Earthworks and drainage work along various sections of the rail corridor
- Works at Toolern Creek bridge including reinstatement of the public reserve
- Preparatory works for the installation of rail track between Exford Road and Coburns Road. These works will also involve the establishment of a delineated storage area.
Out-of-hours works and deliveries
Some work activities and deliveries may be undertaken out of hours at work sites.
For disruptive works, directly impacted residents and businesses will be notified in advance.
What to be aware of
- Site deliveries and staff movements around the station precincts and site construction zones
- Vehicles, machinery and workers near level crossings, on local roads and within the rail corridor
- Dust generation. Where necessary, water carts will be used for dust suppression
- Increased noise around the station precinct and rail corridor
- No impacts to existing services to your property are expected from our project works.
Where possible we will minimise disruption to residents in the following ways:
- Scheduling noisy works during normal working hours where possible
- Using broadband reversing alarms on mobile machinery that are quieter than reversing ‘beepers’
- Using noise-reduced equipment.
We will notify residents and businesses if there are any significant changes to the program.
All planned works are dependent on suitable weather and ground conditions.
Changed traffic conditions and reduced speed limits
Traffic management will be in place for the safety of workers and the general public at the following locations as rail and construction machinery operate in the area:
- Hopkins Road level crossing
- Troups Road North level crossing (closed)
- Leakes Road level crossing
- Mt Cottrell Road level crossing
- Paynes Road level crossing
- Ferris Road level crossing
- Exford Road level crossing
- Coburns Road level crossing
- James Melrose Drive
- Abey Road and Brooklyn Road.