Caroline Springs to Melton
Throughout August, we'll continue work to construct the new Cobblebank Station and rebuild Rockbank Station for it to be reopened in late August.
What we are doing
Monday to Saturday 7am – 6pm throughout August
We will be undertaking the following works in the rail corridor and station areas:
- Construction works at Cobblebank and Rockbank stations including works on the new platforms, overpasses and car parks
- Track work at Melton Station
- Earthworks and drainage work along the rail corridor
- Works at Toolern Creek bridge including ongoing reinstatement of the public reserve.
OUT-OF-HOURS WORKS AND DELIVERIES
Some works within the rail corridor may be undertaken at night when trains aren’t running for the safety of our workers and to minimise the disruption to commuters.
There may be other out of hours works, including on Sundays, within Rockbank Station.
For disruptive works, directly impacted residents and businesses will be notified in advance.
Rockbank Station re-opening
Train services will resume at Rockbank Station in late August.
The station will be open with new car parking on the northern side, and the pedestrian overpass and ramps operational.
Finishing touches such as landscaping and station forecourt finishes will continue, with minimal disruption to station users.
WHAT TO BE AWARE OF
- Site deliveries and staff movements around the station precincts and site construction zones
- Vehicles, machinery and workers near level crossings, on local roads and within the rail corridor
- Dust generation. Where necessary, water carts will be used for dust suppression
- Increased noise around the station precinct and rail corridor.
No impacts to existing services to your property are expected from our project works.
Where possible we will minimise disruption to residents in the following ways:
- Scheduling noisy works during normal working hours where possible
- Using broadband reversing alarms on mobile machinery that are quieter than reversing ‘beepers’
- Using noise-reduced equipment.
We will notify residents and businesses if there are any significant changes to the program.
All planned works are dependent on suitable weather and ground conditions.
Changed traffic conditions and reduced speed limits
Traffic management will be in place for the safety of workers and the public at the following locations:
- Hopkins Road level crossing
- Troups Road North level crossing (closed until the crossing is commissioned in late 2019)
- Leakes Road level crossing
- Mt Cottrell Road level crossing
- Paynes Road level crossing
- Ferris Road level crossing
- Exford Road level crossing
- Coburns Road level crossing
- James Melrose Drive
- Abey Road and Brooklyn Road.
Rockbank Station out of service
From Monday 8 July, shuttle buses will run between Rockbank Station and Caroline Springs Station, connecting with train services.
Taxis will be available for passengers as necessary.
Passengers are asked to allow an extra 15 minutes travel time.
See Rockbank Station works for more information.