Bacchus Marsh Station upgrade
Coaches will replace trains between Ballarat/Wendouree and Southern Cross Station from Saturday 9 November until Sunday 1 December while work takes place along the Ballarat Line. Trains will resume from the first service on Monday 2 December 2019.
During this time we’ll carry out works along the entire Ballarat Line, including track duplication, station upgrades and critical safety testing. Thanks for your patience while this important work is underway.
What we are doing
Bacchus Marsh Station
The new northern car park and bus bays will be operational from Saturday 9 November.
While coaches replace trains, the southern car park and pedestrian overpass will be closed to allow for safe works to be undertaken in the rail corridor and on the overpass lifts and ramps, along with the car park.
The overpass will be available for pedestrians and cyclists when Parwan Road is closed between Wednesday 13 November and Sunday 17 December.
The following works will take place in the rail corridor from Fisken Street to Parwan Road and within the station precinct through November:
- Track duplication across Parwan Road. This includes saw cutting and earthworks.
- Completion works on the new pedestrian overpass, ramps, stairs, lifts and southern platform
- Laying new rail track including ballast and sleepers, tampering and welding
- Heavy vehicle movements at the site compound and around the station precinct.
Between the station and Maddingley stabling
The new second rail track will be installed in November between the station, across Parwan Road to the stabling.
- Osborne Street level crossing second track installation including saw cutting and earthworks
- Heavy vehicles and machinery in the rail corridor and on local roads
- Deliveries of materials to Osborne Street and Kerrs Road.
What to be aware of
- Vehicles, machinery and workers near level crossings, on local roads and within the rail corridor
- Dust generation. Where necessary, water carts will be used
- Lighting will be directed away from residences where possible
- Increased noise, day and night
- Vibrations may be felt during track works and car park works
- Cutting and welding of rail track, day and night
- Site deliveries and staff movements around the station precinct and site construction areas
- Test trains operating along the line.
Osborne Street closure
The Osborne Street level crossing in Maddingley will be closed from Monday 18 November to Monday 25 November for track duplication works.
Detours will be in place:
Southbound traffic: Bacchus Marsh-Balliang Road to Kerrs Road
Northbound traffic: Kerrs Road to Bacchus Marsh-Balliang Road
In addition to these closures, changed traffic conditions and reduced speed limits will be in place for the safety of workers and the public at the following locations:
- Parwan Road
- Osborne Street
- Fisken Street
- Station Street
- Kerrs Road
- South Maddingley Road.
Plan your journey
For more information about V/Line coach replacement services while trains are not running between Saturday 9 November and Sunday 1 December, contact the Public Transport Victoria call centre: 1800 800 007 (6am to midnight daily – all night Friday and Saturday) or visit vline.com.au