The upgraded Ballan Station will have improved access, better integration with buses, cars and pedestrians, and improved security, lighting and landscaping.
Construction on the Ballan Station upgrade has begun and will be complete by the end of 2019.
- building a new platform
- building a new pedestrian overpass
- improving the station’s existing car park and bus bay layout
- new, secure bicycle storage facilities
- adding lifts and ramps for accessibility
- building a new car park with drop off zone on the south side of the station
- improving security, lighting and landscaping.
There will be no significant changes to the existing station building and other key features such as the Walsh Street pine trees, which will be retained.
For more information, see Current works.
Station Images Timeline
Start of project
The Ballan Stationeers
Find out more about the Ballan Stationeers, volunteers from the local community who look after the station.
The Ballan Stationeers [transcript]
Before developing final designs for the upgrade, we asked the local community what was important to them about the station. This feedback helped shape plans for the project.
People told us they valued safe and easy access for all passengers, maintaining the station’s heritage character, and improving safety and security.
We have also asked the community for feedback on tree planting, landscaping and heritage at the station.