We know there are times where you may require additional assistance or would like to escalate your feedback to a complaint. We seek to handle all complaints as quickly and fairly as possible.
Complaints relating to Rail Projects Victoria must first be submitted for internal dispute resolution (IDR). We will attempt to resolve the matter when you contact us via the Major Transport Infrastructure Authority (MTIA) Information Line (1800 105 105), or online via the Metro Tunnel or Regional Rail Revival websites. If your concern cannot be resolved quickly, it will be assigned to a case manager for further investigation. A response will be provided that is fair and honest.
If you are still dissatisfied with the initial outcome you may:
- request that the matter be referred to a senior manager for review by calling the MTIA Information Line (1800 105 105) and asking for the matter to be escalated. You will be advised in writing of the outcome of this review. If you are still not satisfied with the response after this senior manager review, you can lodge your complaint for external dispute resolution with the Public Transport Ombudsman (PTO).
- refer the complaint for external dispute resolution with the Public Transport Ombudsman (PTO).
The PTO is an independent and external dispute resolution body. The PTO aim to provide cost free, independent resolutions to public transport complaints having regard to what is fair and reasonable for all parties, good industry practice and the law.
How we handle your complaint
- Step 1: You lodge your complaint via any of the IDR channels listed below. Clearly identify your issue and the outcomes you are seeking.
- Step 2: We investigate and respond to you as quickly as possible.
- Step 3: If you are not satisfied with our response, you can request a senior manager to review your escalated complaint, or you can contact the Public Transport Ombudsman and lodge your complaint via any of the PTO channels listed below.
- Step 4: If you have requested a review by a senior manager and are still not satisfied with the response, you can contact the Public Transport Ombudsman and lodge your complaint via any of the PTO channels listed below.
Ways to make a complaint for internal dispute resolution (IDR)
- Fill out our online feedback form
- Call the MTIA Information Line (24/7) on 1800 105 105.
- Call our interpreter service on (03) 9209 0147
- National Relay Service: TTY users phone 1800 555 630 then ask for 1800 105 105
- Write to us at: GPO Box 4509, Melbourne, VIC 3001.
How to lodge your complaint with the Public Transport Ombudsman (PTO)
- Free Call: 1800 466 865
- National Relay Service: TTY users phone 1800 555 630 then ask for 1800 466 865
- Interpreter Service: 131 450
- Online: https://ptovic.com.au
- Email: email@example.com
- Mail: PO Box 538 Collins Street West, Melbourne VIC 8007
- Fax: 03 8623 2100
We encourage any community members needing support in relation to the project to access our free and independent community counselling service. The service is provided by Lifeworks who has highly professional qualified psychologists and social workers, with peak industry body accreditation and experience, available to provide support.
For confidential assistance please call 1300 361 008 and quote capmelbourne.
For more information, view the Community Assistance Program factsheet.