Wendouree Station works
What We Are Doing
Monday to Saturday 7am – 6pm throughout February
The following works will be undertaken within the station precinct and rail corridor at Wendouree Station:
- Site mobilisation works such as building hardstand areas, fencing and minor earthworks
- Non-destructive digging techniques such as high pressure water and vacuum to safely remove soil around underground services
- Locating access pits and using CCTV cameras to determine their internal condition.
What To Be Aware Of
- Vehicles, machinery and workers at the station and entering/exiting the rail corridor at the level crossing
- No impacts to existing services at your property are expected
- Low levels of noise may be generated by these works.
Where possible we will minimise disruption to residents in the following ways:
- Using broadband reversing alarms on mobile machinery that are quieter than reversing ‘beepers’
- Using noise-reduced equipment
- Scheduling noise works during normal working hours where possible.
We will notify residents and businesses if there are any significant changes to the program.
All planned works are dependent on suitable weather and ground conditions.
Traffic management may be required at times around the station precinct and Gillies Street and Gregory Street West to direct traffic and pedestrians safely.