Rockbank Station works
Works are underway to upgrade Rockbank Station.
What we are doing
A site compound has been established within Rockbank station. The compound will be used to support the works in the area, and will contain site offices, amenities, construction materials, machinery and equipment.
Changes to car parking
To upgrade the station, we will need to temporarily relocate the current car parking area to the west of the station. There will be no reduction in car park spaces.
A pedestrian path will be provided between the temporary car parking area and the southern platform (platform 1).
We will also need to close access to the carpark on the northern side, as this will be where the new station carpark will be built.
Pedestrian access between platform 1 and Leakes Road will be provided via a temporary path. Pedestrian access to the northern platform (platform 2) is via the pedestrian level crossing from platform 1.
Changes to platforms
There will be some minor changes to platforms to allow us to safely upgrade the station:
- Extension of the rear fence on platform 2.
- Reduction in width of platform 1
Both platforms will remain open.
What to be aware of
- Trucks, light vehicles and machinery entering and exiting Rockbank station and level crossings along the rail corridor
- Noise impacts associated with machinery.
- These works will require temporary traffic management changes to Leakes Road and other level crossings, and may include speed reductions and traffic controllers during working hours adjacent to the work site.
- Vehicle and cyclist access will be maintained at all times on local roads
- Access to private properties and businesses will be maintained at all times