Millbrook passing loop - Monthly works notification - August 2018
In August, works will continue on the new Millbrook passing loop, near Spreadeagle Road and Peerewerrh Road.
What we are doing
The new passing loop will be built to the south of the existing rail line along with new underground services. All of the new infrastructure will be located within the rail corridor.
Monday to Saturday 7am – 6pm, throughout August
During normal working hours a range of works will be undertaken in this area including:
- Utility relocation works to install conduits so rail signallIng services remain operational throughout our works
- Soil testing at numerous locations along the corridor. There will be no significant vegetation removal.
What to be aware of
- Vehicles, machinery and workers near level crossings, on local roads and within the rail corridor
- Low levels of dust, and where necessary, water carts will be used for dust suppression
- Access to residences and businesses will be maintained at all times
- No impacts to existing services to your property are expected.
We will minimise disruption to local residents by using broadband reversing alarms on mobile machinery and equipment where possible. These alarms are quieter than the standard reversing beepers used on most construction sites. We will also use noise reduced machinery and equipment, and schedule noisy works during normal working hours where possible.
We will notify residents and businesses if there are any significant changes to the program.
All planned works are dependent on suitable weather and ground conditions.
These works may require some traffic management changes at times around the following locations:
- Ironbark Road, Ingliston
- Spreadeagle Road bridge
- Peerewerrh Road bridge
Traffic management may be used to direct traffic and pedestrians safely around the work sites. Please obey any signage on site.
Vehicle and cyclist access will be maintained at all times on local roads