Bacchus Marsh Station and Maddingley stabling facilities - Monthly works notification
Major works are continuing on the Ballarat Line Upgrade to deliver more frequent and reliable services for thousands of passengers every day
What we are doing
Monday to Saturday 7am – 6pm throughout October
Bacchus Marsh Station site establishment
A construction site will be established on the southern side of the station in rail land. This will involve installing:
- Rail safety fencing
- Temporary site sheds
- Amenity facilities
- Staff car parking.
To establish these facilities and for the station works, there will be vegetation and tree removal taking place.
This will allow construction staff to be based on site to build the new southern platform, car park and pedestrian overpass.
Later this month, further communication will be issued regarding a temporary construction zone on the north side of the station.
Works are progressing well on the Maddingley Stabling and will continue this month. Works include:
- Construction on the stabling building
- Construction of track in the stabling facilities site
- Drainage, sewer and underground services installation along Kerrs Road to Bacchus Marsh-Balliang Road and Rutherford Court.
Out of hours works
Sunday works will continue at the stabling facilities in Maddingley between 7am-3.30pm.
Noise levels will be monitored and traffic management will be in place at Kerrs Road.
What to be aware of
- Vehicles, machinery and workers near level crossings, on local roads and within the rail corridor
- Low levels of dust are expected to be generated. Where necessary, water carts will be used for dust suppression
- No impacts to existing services to your property such as water and gas are expected.
All planned works are dependent on suitable weather and ground conditions.
Some work activities require traffic management changes, including temporary speed and lane reductions at and around the following locations:
- Bacchus Marsh Station
- Kerrs Road, between Osborne Street and Bacchus Marsh – Balliang Road
- Kerrs Road level crossing
- Osborne Street level crossing.
Plan your journey
For more information about V/Line coach replacement services while trains are not running, contact the Public Transport Victoria call centre:
- 1800 800 007 (6am to midnight daily – all night Friday and Saturday)
- Or visit www.vline.com.au