Bacchus Marsh Station and Maddingley stabling facilities - Monthly works notification - August 2018
Works will continue this month at the new Maddingley Stabling and Bacchus Marsh Station.
Works are also planned to commence in the road reserve on Kerrs Road and Osborne Street. These works are part of providing the new stabling facilities with essential services.
What we are doing
Monday to Saturday 7am – 6pm throughout August
During normal working hours a range of works will be undertaken in this area:
- Drainage and underground services installation
- Relocation of signal boxes
- Construction of track in the stabling site.
Bacchus Marsh Station
Site investigation works will continue at Bacchus Marsh Station this month.
These works will involve investigating underground services and may impact local access from rail land on the south side of the station.
Kerrs Road and Osborne Street
Pending relevant approvals, from mid-August, works will commence on underground service installation in the Kerrs Road and Osborne Street road reserves. No significant vegetation will be removed at this time as part of these works.
Out of hours works
Commencing on Sunday 5 August, construction works will be undertaken on Sundays at the Maddingley Stabling between 7.00am-3.30pm.
These works include trenching, pipe laying and backfilling for various underground services.
Noise levels will be monitored and traffic management will be in place along Kerrs Road.
What to be aware of
- Vehicles, machinery and workers near level crossings, on local roads and within the rail corridor
- Low levels of dust are expected to be generated while these works take place. Where necessary, water carts will be used for dust suppression
- Lighting during night works will be directed away from residences
- Access to residences and businesses will be maintained at all times
- No impacts to existing services to your property are expected.
We will minimise disruption to local residents by using broadband reversing alarms on mobile machinery and equipment where possible. These alarms are quieter than the standard reversing beepers used on most construction sites.
We will also use noise reduced machinery and equipment, and schedule noisy works during normal working hours where possible.
We will notify residents and businesses if there are any significant changes to the program. All planned works are dependent on suitable weather and ground conditions.
These works will require traffic management changes at times, including temporary speed and lane reductions at and around the following locations:
- Kerrs Road, between Osborne Street and Bacchus Marsh – Balliang Road
- Kerrs Road level crossing
- Osborne Street between the level crossing and Kerrs Road
- Osborne Street level crossing.
Track machines and test trains will continue to run along the rail tracks during the line closure, so always obey the warning signs at level crossings and take care around trains.
Vehicle and cyclist access will be maintained at all times on local roads.