Caroline Springs to Melton - Monthly works notification
Throughout October, we will be continuing works for the new track from Caroline Springs to Melton, including the Rockbank Station rebuild, works on the new rail bridge across Toolern Creek and preparatory works for the new Toolern Station.
What we are doing
Monday to Saturday 7am – 6pm throughout October
During normal working hours, a range of works will be undertaken in this area including:
- Earthworks at various locations along the rail corridor
- Utility relocation works at Melton Station to install conduits so vital rail signalling services remain operational throughout our works
- Rockbank Station rebuild works
- Toolern Creek rail bridge works to prepare for and install new rail track
- Works on the new Toolern Station including preparatory works for the new station structures and vegetation removal.
What to be aware of
- Vehicles, machinery and workers near level crossings, on local roads and within the rail corridor
- Low levels of dust are expected to be generated while these works take place. Where necessary, water carts will be used for dust suppression
- Lighting during continuous works – light will be directed away from residences
- Access to residences and businesses will be maintained at all times.
We will minimise disruption to local residents by using broadband reversing alarms on mobile machinery and equipment where possible. These alarms are quieter than the standard reversing beepers used on most construction sites.
We will also use noise reduced machinery and equipment, and schedule noisy works during normal working hours where possible.
We will notify residents and businesses if there are any significant changes to the program.
All planned works are dependent on suitable weather and ground conditions.
Melton Station service installation works
Service installation works at Melton Station will result in temporary changes to the northern carpark. Detours and signage will be in place before these works commence.
Paynes Road level crossing works
Paynes Road level crossing will be closed from 12:01 am Saturday 6 October until 11.59pm Monday 8 October.
To prepare for the installation of the duplicated rail track, access to the north of Paynes Road level crossing will be temporarily closed. Arrangements for local traffic will be in place during the temporary closure.
These works will require traffic management changes, including temporary speed and lane reductions at and around the following locations:
- Hopkins Road level crossing
- Troups Road North level crossing
- Leakes Road level crossing
- Ferris Road level crossing
- Exford Road level crossing
- Coburns Road level crossing
- Abey Road and Brooklyn Road
- Mt Cottrell Road level crossing.
Traffic management may be used to direct traffic and pedestrians safely around the work sites. Please obey any signage on site.
Track machines and test trains will continue to run along the rail tracks during the line closure, so always obey the warning signs at level crossings and take care around trains.