Bacchus Marsh station - Monthly works notification - June 2018
In June, we will be undertaking further investigation works around Bacchus Marsh station to prepare for the station upgrade.
What we are doing
Monday to Saturday 7am – 6pm, June
Throughout June, we will be undertaking the following works during normal working hours:
- Underground services location to prepare for service relocations associated with the upgraded station
This activity will involve non-destructive digging techniques such as high-pressure water and vacuum to safely remove soil that is found around underground services, or locating access pits and using CCTV cameras to determine their internal condition.
Continuous 24 hours works - 12:01 am Saturday 16 June to 11.59pm Wednesday 20 June
The Ballarat line will be closed after the last service on Friday 15 June and services will resume from first service on Thursday 21 June.
Track machines and test trains will continue to run along the rail track during the line closure, so always obey the warning signs at level crossings and take care around trains.
What to be aware of
- Trucks, light vehicles, machinery and workers near level crossings, on local roads and within the rail corridor
- Low levels of dust, and where necessary, water carts will be used for dust suppression
- Lighting during night works - light will be directed away from residences
- Access to residences and businesses will be maintained at all times
- No impacts to existing services to your property are expected
We will minimise the disruption to local residents by using broadband reversing alarms on mobile machinery and equipment where possible. These alarms are quieter than the standard reversing beepers used on most construction sites. We will also use noise reduced plant and equipment, and schedule noisy works during normal working hours where possible.
We will notify residents and businesses if there are any significant changes to the program.
All planned works in this notification are dependent on having suitable weather and ground conditions for the respective activities.
These works will require traffic management changes at times, including temporary speed and lane reductions at and around the following locations:
- Parwan Road
- Fisken Street
Traffic management will be used to direct traffic and pedestrians safely around the work sites. Please obey any signage on site. Vehicle and cyclist access will be maintained at all times on local roads.
Plan your journey
For more information about V/Line coach replacement services while trains are not running, contact the Public Transport Victoria call centre:
- 1800 800 007 (6am to midnight daily - all night Friday and Saturday)
- or visit vline.com.au