Level Crossing Upgrades Complete
Posted: 27 Aug 2018
More comfortable VLocity trains started running to Bairnsdale for the first time on Sunday after level crossing upgrades were completed last week as part of the Gippsland Line Upgrade.
We’ve upgraded seven level crossings between Sale and Bairnsdale from Give-Way and Stop signs to feature boom gates, flashing lights, bells and better train detection technology.
Level crossings were upgraded at:
- Power Station Road, Bairnsdale
- Marriage Lane, Bairnsdale
- South Scott’s Road, Lindenow South
- South Buntine’s Lane, Lindenow South
- Swallow Lagoon Road, Munro
- Reeves Lane, Munro Falls Road, Stratford
V/Line has introduced VLocity trains on four of the six weekday and Saturday services to Bairnsdale as well as two of the four Sunday services.
There has also been a V/Line timetable change and passengers are asked to check the time of their service before travelling at vline.com.au